Monitoring weather conditions on Czech motorways
- METIS – nationwide road weather system
- More than 350 road weather stations
- Connection to displays for messages and information
- Significant increase in efficiency for wintertime maintenance
- Cost savings and heightened road safety
The motorway and road network has been equipped with over 350 weather stations. These are connected to displays for messages and information that inform drivers about important events. METIS, the unique nationwide system by CROSS for road weather status, has been implemented that connects to all road weather stations in the country and takes in data from radar equipment, satellites and forecasting models. The resultant system is effective at managing wintertime maintenance and cuts costs.